Eibach releases 2012 Beetle Suspension Enhancement Kit
VW’s all-new Beetle may not yet have appeared on UK roads, but respected suspension manufacturer Eibach has already released a fully TUV-approved suspension upgrade for the latest incarnation of the original ‘People’s Car’. This expeditious feat of engineering is in no small part down to the fact that the German suspension manufacturer has long been the approved accessory partner for the Wolfsburg concern, granting it unparalleled access to all chassis data throughout the new model’s development cycle.
The new ‘Bug’ has a superb handling demeanour ‘out of the box’, making it the perfect recipient for a subtle visual drop with improved dynamics. With VW evidently taking a decision to style and market the new car to appeal to a younger, more male audience, it’s inevitable that the new, tougher looking Beetle will be on many tuner’s hit-lists.
In standard form the car is finely balanced and a brilliant drive, but for those looking to achieve the ultimate in pin-point handling, without upsetting the VW’s superb road manners, Eibach have released a selection of chassis upgrades to endow the Beetle with unparalleled handling. This is achieved without inducing harshness or spoiling the car’s balance.
For drivers seeking the ultimate in dynamics and aesthetics, Eibach also offer a wide selection of Pro-Spacers. These are precision manufactured, hub-centring spacers which are machined from aerospace grade aluminium. Available in a wide variety of widths, they are the perfect way to increase the track measurement of the car for enhanced steering feel and ‘turn in’.
Pro-Kit ‘Dynamic Benefits’
• Lowered ride height, more sporty / aggressive appearance
• Lower centre of gravity, therefore less body roll during cornering
• Improved braking and accelerating, due to reduced weight transfer between axles (nose diving under braking and squatting under acceleration) – maintaining tyre contact load
• Improved cornering grip and steering feel
• Ride comfort preserved whist still improving the vehicle handling (progressively wound)
Pro-Kit ‘Quality benefits’
• Full TUV accreditation
• Industry leading tolerances on spring rate and dimensions
• Stress relieved, Pre-Set and shot peened – eliminating spring ‘sag’ and vastly improving fatigue life
• Industry leading corrosion protection – double layered phosphate and electrostatic epoxy powered coated
• Same high quality spring steel as used in Eibach’s F1 springs!